Friday, January 26, 2007

If you want things to stay as they are, things will have to change.

Staying home. On a Friday. When there was a super cool night planned. BLOWS.

Actually it wasn’t that bad, but for now I’ll pretend it was. Tonight Darryl phoned and I got to wish him a happy belated birthday (he turned 28 yesterday!).We both decided that “old” was thirty and I managed to rub in his face like I always do that when he’s old and thirty, I’ll be young and twenty.

He also talked about his new girlfriend and I was happy because. . . It’s a happy thing! She sounds great (read: not like Darryl’s past indiscretions). She has two degrees and a government job, so my mom sees her as a great non-money-grubbing girl. With no dependents. Bonus!

We also discussed my going up there this summer. I have not been all gung ho about that lately, just because with the costs of a flight ($3200 return), rent and food, I probably wouldn’t be making a great deal more than I would here.

But then I remembered that Darryl, unlike my parents, listens when I talk. He views me as intelligent and sees me as a person. So when I say I want to go up, he’ll try to make it happen.

He said that his girlfriend needs a roommate and I could stay with her if she still hadn’t found one in April.

Awkward.

But still, really nice and gooey-feelingesque since Darryl is trying to make this happen for me.

It’s Barbie’s for biking all over again.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy for awesome brothers in faraway places.