
My name is Sarah.
I live in the oldest and most easterly city in North America. The same city I was born in. And though I say I hate it, I think the place is tres pretty. You can tell by my obsession with photographing it.
My favourite colours are earth tones. This means I will always choose to buy a grey or brown shirt over a pink or yellow one.
I come from a long line of bread makers and tree cutters. But I’m pretty sure I could never do either thing adequately. I have one mom, one dad, one brother and no pets. I once had a fish named Hubert, whom I loved with a fiery passion. But he died.
I’ve never been to a wedding. Or to Europe. I’ve never swam a lap around a pool. Or gambled in a casino.
But I’ve been to a funeral. And I’ve lived in the Arctic. I might never have swam a lap, but I could probably run across the pool faster than you with my awesome water shoes. And although I’ve never played the slots, I’ve spent an afternoon sitting on a bench with my best friend pulling lotto pull-tabs.
Whenever I walk through the refrigerated section at Wal-Mart I am extremely tempted to buy cookie dough. I consider peanut butter toast a healthy and nutritious meal. I think bread with visible grains or nuts are gross.
I have more papillae on my tongue and less iron in my blood than the average person.
I brush my teeth in the shower, drink apple juice before leaving for work in the morning, and own more pairs of jeans than any person I know.
I don’t dream of owning a mansion, but a little old lady cottage complete with ugly flower patterned chesterfields.
I can’t spell "usually" without second guessing myself. Funny thing is, I can spell "antidisestablishmentarianism" without blinking an eye.
I like ponies, white calla lilies, Christmas lights all year round, clear cream soda, Icelandic music, vintage Molly Ringwald, Inuktitut, my gameboy, Emily Dickinson, stickers, rubber stamps, and any painting ever painted by Frida Kahlo.
I have friends that would make you jealous and a car that can take me anywhere I want to go (provided I fill her with $1.47/litre gas).
I strive to be honest and funny, loving and gracious, quiet and loud, respectable and respecting as well as thin.
Extreme Makeover House Edition makes me cry.
2 comments:
I love you, even more than I love Molly Ringwald.
brushing your teeth in the shower takes talent! :o)
Post a Comment