Why Sarah loves Rob, the English prof:
- Unlike last term's "just call me Heather" first name English prof fiasco, Rob ironed out the first name issue with "just don't call me shitbag because I'm sensitive, and I'll cry."
- When asked if we could bring anything to our in-class essay (last year Heather allowed us to bring just a pen and paper, no books/notes etc), Rob replied with "Well, you can bring your book. A page, no, two pages of notes. And a dictionary if you want. Just no thesauruses, they make me spaz out. Big words are not the solution."
- Rob takes the time to explain the important things about Catcher in the Rye. "You know, Holden is like a Smurf. And the society around him is those mushroom houses. Wait, no. Society is like an organic home that grows with you, and Holden is too fat to fit."
- [Faint beeping of a backing up truck heard from outside] "What is with all this noise?! Is it an amusement park in here? I CAN YELL TOO YOU KNOW. Man, is anyone else trying to quit smoking?"
The number one reason I love Rob the English prof? When jokingly asked if we can have the questions for this week's test (worth ten percent of our final grade), Rob responds with:
- "Um, well I did get the questions photocopied yesterday. God damn copy ladies and their trickery. Yeah, so pick them up on your way out."
1 comment:
stop not blogginggggg:(
Post a Comment