Sunday, July 20, 2008

Domestic bliss.

Sometimes I get in these “mommy moods” where I spend the day being super domestic. It usually happens when my family is out of town (which they are) and the house becomes an unbearable state (which it was) and it’s a nice day (twenty degrees! Because who can do housework when it’s raining?).

So I slept in until 7:30, which is only sleeping in for people who get up at 5:30 every other morning for work. Sick, yup.

OH! Random story time.

So yesterday I got off work at three and promptly fell asleep thirty minutes later. I woke up at 5:40pm thinking that it was the next morning and I was going to be late for work. So I booted it to the bathroom stripping along the way and grabbed my uniform to change into.

It wasn’t until the spray of the shower hit me that I realized I had the day off.

And it wasn’t until thirty minutes after my shower that I realized it was 6:00pm and not 6:00am Sunday morning.

My inner clock is so shit.

Anyway, back to my summer clean day.

I’ve done three loads of laundry and have two currently hang out on the line. I spent twenty minutes trying to spray the spiders off my bedroom window area and the back patio.

I was shocked at the millions of spiders that are around this year, until I realized I haven’t really seen spiders since I lived in Stephenville. Iqaluit doesn’t do spiders.

I baked a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip muffins… ate two… then loaded the dishwasher (for the very first time!).

I was going to vacuum out my car, but it’s too hot in there. So I’ll settle for swiffering and mopping my downstairual area.

MMMMM, PINE-SOL.

1 comment:

Robyn McHugh said...

I LOVE MOMMY SARAH.
And really enjoyed your inner clock story, because that has happened to me before but not in a long time, but it's always funny when it does happen, even though it's never funny at the time because you're all like "I totally could have been sleeping omg".