During the summer I was constantly on the prowl for new music. Artists I had never heard off, listened or payed attention to.
Now I find myself searching for music I have definitely heard at some point but disregarded. A lot of singles - mostly because these are the ones I can find on Youtube.
Does anyone remember the show Rockstar: INXS? Man, I loved that show. They played every amazing song ever. Mmm, Nirvana covers.
Some other gems I've found in my quest:
Tori Amos' song Cornflake Girl... man, what a brilliant song
Foo Fighter's Everlong... never ever gets old
Gerardo Mejia's Rico Suave... haha... haha
Placebo's Running Up That Hill... an example of how covers are sometimes better than originals
Just some songs for you to listen to. Maybe they will make you feel good on your insides like me.
And David, I'd kill for a translation of Rico Suave.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rockstar: INXS is the only show I've ever watched religiously.* They were all so good, and the house band was amazing!
* Edit: besides Power Rangers when I was 10.
I first heard the Placebo cover of Running Up That Hill at a dance recital. The dance was totally epic, I wish you could have seen it because you would love the song even more. Although I'm sure you already have a substantial amount of love for it. :)
Post a Comment