[Now here's where the water gets murky folks, I have never been or seen or talked to an Islamic extremist (to my knowledge). All I have to go on in this post is common sense, news articles and facts.]
We all know (and if you magically missed it, check out my last blog entry here) that Saddam Hussein was executed last night. The charge was the murder of 148 Shiites in 1982.
Some might be comforted by the knowledge that he's dead, but to me it seems like they just put gas on the fire (No? Read here).
I have a strong problem with this American/Iraqi bias. I know it's been pulled throughout the ages, always the rich, never the poor. But when I see the absolute hype and the tremendous amount of news articles exclaiming that this December has been the deadliest month for American soldiers in Iraq (bringing the death total to 2993), I get mad.
I also get taken back to this study done by CNN in October of this year (which means the number has gone up since then):
"War has wiped out about 655,000 Iraqis or more than 500 people a day since the U.S.-led invasion, a new study reports. . ."But I'm off topic now, aren't I? Islamic extremists.
Actually, the only thing I have to say on this subject is: Somalia, stop being scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment