Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hanging up the skirt.

So today in Political Science we had John Crosbie come and speak to us. Chancellor of MUN and retired politician, Crosbie spoke of everything from former PM's to the latest budget.

One thing he talked about really caught my attention:

"You know, it's different for females today. I mean, boys today are lazy. They have no determination, they rather go grab a beer instead of sitting down and getting some work done. Women are different. They have drive. Determination. There are more women in Medical schools than men. More women are taking the bar than men now too. It won't be long before women will be holding all the top positions."

I've been saying this forever! My big thing is that in fifty-hundred years men will be obsolete. We'll be the surgeons in the hospitals. The Judges in the court rooms. The politicians in the House of Commons.

We have Artificial Insemination. We have snow-blowers. Lawnmowers. Computers. Vibrators.

Most of all, like Crosbie said, we have the drive. I don't know any self-respecting woman who doesn't feel like she has something to prove. Who honestly grows up wanting to be a wife and nothing more?

And if you think this is me just spouting nonsense: LOOK AT THE FACTS. Women dominate post-secondary institutes.

Anyway. Just wanted to put that out there.

In other news, I started shopping for Iqaluit yesterday! I don't know what I bought but I managed to blow a hundred bucks.

I did however buy these really cool vacuum bags so I could put a lot of stuff in my suitcases. They seem to do the trick:




3 comments:

Jones said...

As soon as woman take over the whole suffrage movement will happen again except in reverse. It's an endless cycle in which only one sex is happy :(

Anonymous said...

i'm completely fascinated with the vacuum bags. where did you get them? and can i use them to make all my clothes fit in one drawer? can i use them on my dog to make him really skinny? can i use them on me to make me really skinny???

Sarah said...

Dear Leah,

First off, these bags ARE magic. I got them at Wal-Mart in the housewares section. You could totally use them to make all of your clothes fit in one drawer! Except, everytime you wanted an article of clothing you'd have to open it up and re-seal it. And they could absolutely make Cubby skinny! Of course he wouldn't be breathing, but that is a minor detail. I don't think they work on humans though, however I bet that would make for a fine Enterprise project!

Yours in vacuum bag love,
Sarah :)