Fidel Castro (president of Cuba) and Andy Wells (mayor of St. John’s) both announced their resignations in the past two days.
I always knew they were in cahoots.
I have nothing personally against Castro. His country gives me sugar to make my candy sweeter, so how can I dislike him?
But Andy. Andy frigging Wells: you make me want to hunt you down with a paint gun when you open your mouth.
And I get that we have outspoken politicians. If there is one thing Newfoundlanders can do, its bicker. But honestly, buddy, pick your fights.
He’s been on council for over thirty years, mayor for over a decade (SOMEHOW). Even now after accepting a million dollar job as CEO of a major company, he still wouldn’t resign until the Premier asked him to.
Wells is just one of those agitators. And unlike my good chum, John Crosbie (who also likes to open-mouth-insert-foot), Wells never has a sound argument to back up the bullshit he gets on with.
So farewell, Mr. Wells, let it be known that your only achievement in thirty years of politics is that you were runner-up for Rick Mercer’s “Craziest Mayor in Canada” contest.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment