Sunday, February 24, 2008

Shaking the wreckage from my hair.

I smell of baths and oceans.

My shampoo smells like bath-beads. As soon as I opened it this morning I was brought back into my youth. Bath-beads were an integral part of bath time.

But when I opened my conditioner, it offered a different type of odor all together. Reading the label it boasts “hints of guava and kelp”. Um, kelp as in seaweed?

Be prepared for this when you see me next.

I have a challenge for my blog readers.

If you can decipher what the shampoo company means by the following statement, I will give you a pack of gum. The good kind. Oh, you know what kind I’m referring to (bubble + mint = God’s gum).

(If you can’t make out what is written, it says: “Apply to wet hair and work it like you want it. Then rinse it like you don’t.”)

Lurkers are encouraged to comment under surreptitious pseudonyms like “lurker #1” and “lurker #2” et cetera.

Good luck.

7 comments:

Jones said...

I interpreted it like a bad female-empowerment ad:

"Work it like you want it"

A.K.A.- Perform sexual acts upon the male whom you deem worthy of your attention.

"Then rinse it like you don't"

A.K.A.- Pretend you did not enjoy the sexual acts just performed, because showing enjoyment is a sure sign of weakness; you know you are better, so show it by getting rid of him.

This is like the stereotypical male's way of thinking about sex, set on the back of bright pink shampoo bottle for females.

I may be way off here, but that is honest to god the first thing that came to my mind.

Sarah said...

I loved you a little more after reading that comment, haha.

You are demented though, for the record. <3

Anonymous said...

Jones you took the words out of my head.

You know in those Herbal Essence commercials where they orgasm in the shower? Do that when putting it in. Then get really angry at it as you would after a relationship (obviously) and rinse it out.

Good old Herbal Essence.

Sarah said...

OMG, we commented at the exact same time, Holly.

I hate our twin-like abilities. :/

Ms. C said...

Sarah! (this doesn't have anything to do with the contest btw..haha)
I was reading my horoscope today and guess what it said?!

"Now is a good time for travel and adventure. Satisfy that urge to get out of town - get planning!"

How weird is that?! Now we will definately have to start planning our trip to Mexico! haha :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah we've been through this many times before.... we're just too creepy.

Sarah said...

Heather! That is too weird.

Mexico is obviously meant to be, we'll have to let Dave know we're going with or without him. :):)