Last night, I honestly thought I was going to burst. Like burst. I kept shaking uncontrollably and crying and screaming and losing my mind. I had my two bifizzles beside me and in front of me Our Lady Peace.
I wish I could convey to you how much this band means to me. Pretty much anyone my age living in this country loves OLP, it’s almost unpatriotic not to. But to put into words what their music, their passion, their spirit has done for me over the past decade... well I can’t.
And I think the only way you would know how much this band means to me would be if you were standing next to me at that concert last night. Watching me sing along with every song. Watching me scream like my life was ending. Watching me cry with every emotional wave.
I knew it was going to be one of the best experiences of my life when before even any of the lights came on, the bassist started playing that deadly opening line for Naveed.
They played a lot of songs I wasn't thinking I'd hear (off their older albums) and only two songs off their latest one. Hope, Starseed, One Man Army, 4 AM, In Repair et cetera. Songs Ashley and I happily screamed along to.
4 comments:
Did the play Hello Oskar?!
hmmph
I kept missing the phone calls cause I was watching Godspell, thank you very much.
I caught the end of one though, all I could hear was screaming.
Jones: they did not!
Holly: next time you will be there. :)
Leah (at least I think it was you): sorry I deleted your commenttt.
Post a Comment