Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Veganism and hamburgers.

Dear Al Gore,

I am so sorry. I try, you know? I really do. I want to lower my carbon emissions, I mean, who doesn’t?

The milk thing really threw me for a loop in my decision to become vegan. By drinking milk I am not vegan – but it didn’t mean I was going to quit trying! That’s what this whole thing was about, trying to help out the environment a wee bit.

That’s why I feel terrible. When a BBQ was suggested I knew it meant trouble but I went along with it anyway. But when I sin, I go down good and hard. Not just a meat ridden hamburger, but one with cheese on it – dairy cheese. And not just a cheeseburger. . . a bacon cheeseburger.

Put on the shackles! Send me to Syria or worst, your country’s capital. I deserve any punishment you see fit.

And since its confession time. . .

I might have plugged in my television last night. But it was only for an hour! The National on the CBC had a special report about the liquor plebiscite occurring in Kugluktuk, NU. I’m a Poli Sci major for goodness sakes, there’s only so much news I can squeeze out of websites and newspapers! And trust me when I say: Nunavut is never high on the list of things to report about.

So in conclusion, I promise to try harder. Its one thing to accidentally eat a gelatin filled marshmallow. A meaty, cheesy, bacon-y burger tends to be a whole other ball field.

Sincerely your partner in global warming crime fighting,
Sarah :)

No comments: