Last Saturday night Robyn and I ventured to the movie theatre to spend some love-time together. We had decided upon seeing Across the Universe. All I knew about it was that it was a musical featuring Evan Rachel Wood and Bono.
About three songs in, Robyn and I caught on that it was a musical using all of The Beatle’s hits. Cool.
I’m not a devoted Beatle’s fan like some, but I do respect what they did for the musical world and how they changed it single-handedly. Even if Paul McCartney likes seals a little too much.
A psychedelic love story with talented actors and musicians, the whole thing was visually stunning. I kept saying to Robyn that we needed some LSD or acid or something because it felt like we were sitting in the sixties.
It was seriously the best movie I have seen in FOREVER. It definitely made it into my top five favourite movies of all time. As soon as I got home I downloaded the soundtrack, it’s still extraordinary, even without the moving pictures.
And if all that doesn’t make you want to go see it, finding out that Bono sings I am the Walrus should.
1 comment:
mmmm loove.
<3
Post a Comment