I knew I had reached Stephenville when Holly looked at me while driving into town and said “I’m pretty sure Nine Inch Nails is in the CD player right now.”
As our song blasted through the speakers, with Holly and I belting it out right along, I felt an utter contentment. Something I was definitely not feeling last night when the people at the airlines told me my flight was overbooked. Assholes.
Everyone was “counting” on me to bring the friendsies together here in S’ville. And after five minutes on the phone, I had rallied up four cars of peeps. CASTAWAYS, HELLO.
I saw Ashley. We made love in the booth at the restaurant. It was joyous.
And of course we chatted and loved along like it hadn’t been over a year since we last saw each other. Twelve years of friendship can do that for a person.
But this is just a quick update to let you know I made it across the island via bus (barely). That neighbours are bus friends in disguise. And that Stephenville is a fantastic place with the right people in it.
Though they desperately need a twenty-four hour Wal-Mart.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're out here; yay!
Just wanted to tell you that I got a wii for Christmas. I thought you'd be excited. We'll have a party when we get back.
Post a Comment