Well duh.
I’m pretty sure I drove everyone absolutely nuts this year by commenting every four seconds that I either missed Dave or wished he was here to do whatever we were doing with us. Up until yesterday I hadn’t seen him since the day before I had left for Iqaluit IN APRIL, wtf? He left for British Columbia shortly after and then Uruguay.
So we agreed to meet at Second Cup (aw, S’ville love) for a coffee and loving. When I walked in I immediately saw Joey. And though I knew the guy sitting next to him was Dave, my brain did not compute.
Where was beatnik Dave?
Hippy Dave?
Dressed like a squeegee kid complete with a goatee Dave?
In his place was: MODEL DAVE. “What the hell,” I said while I gave him a giant hug “You’re hot now?” And of course in total old-school-Dave he cheerily replied “I’m a model now!”
He’s a model now.
I told him that I couldn’t believe his whole beatnik image was gone, in its place was a South American tan, hi-lighted hair and sassy clothes. “Do you remember my old hat?” Of course, THE HAT. “I’d still be wearing that if I hadn’t forgotten it in the police car.” Dave is full of stories like this, even more now than before.
We tried to catch up as fast as we could, but between both of our lives we had just too much to cover. So I went over to the boyz’ house tonight and we cooked some loving chicken/rice dish (can you tell I was invited?) to continue the happy chatter.
And of course model poses ensued.
Matt asked me to take a family photo of them. So I did.
1 comment:
oh my goodness.
you're not kidding!
p.s see you really really soon?!
Back to SJ for me todaaaaaay!
Post a Comment