Monday, February 04, 2008

Stood on the rooftop, scream at the sky again.

I was (and am) so exhausted today.

I walked around campus all day in this debilitated state, shuffling along in my Uggs and praying to God no one paid any attention to me.

Classes became unbearable in my state of fatigue. It’s a real chore to pay attention to Shifty-Eyes-Magoo (aka my Canadian Fiction prof) on any given day of the week, let alone when I’m feeling like a narcoleptic with a belly full of Nyquil.

I had the hardest time getting to sleep last night. I couldn’t shut myself up. Literally.

Yeah, I talk to myself. Try and pretend you’re better than me.

I spent a good hour going over things in my head aloud. First in English, then French and then just for kicks, Inuktitut.

(For the record all I got out in Inuktitut was “Hi, how are you? Oh, stop. Food, mom and dad, milk? Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are…” Then I pretended I was talking to someone of the church and said the entirety of Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus. Jesusi takunalauru…)

I woke up this morning with a lot of pain in my stomach, the most I’ve had since the original incident. Since I had spent the night before going over all of my flaws and troubles (as well as every Inuit song I knew), I wondered if it was somehow anxiety related.

I know one thing’s for sure: tonight I will gag myself.

3 comments:

Robyn McHugh said...

So, my music exams are over April 11th.
Our 2150 exam is April 16th.
I have to wait five whole extra days for the sake of Professor Shifty Eyes until I will be free.
Poooooooo.

Anonymous said...

ps that is one sexy boyfriend you have there

Sarah said...

I'm thinking about doing a whole series of sexy-bf posts.


Forever grateful! :)