Oh Danny frigging boy.
Now my son, watch out ‘cause this post is going to be a doozy.
In case you haven’t heard (and if you haven’t, are you dead?): MR. STEVIE IS COMIN’ TO DA ISLAND. That’s right, Prime Minister Harper will be arriving in Newfoundland today for the weekend and visiting Stephenville (aw, man), St. John’s (yeehaw) and Port de Grave (I spent last Christmas there!).
Here’s where the political theatre begins!
Harper has requested a meeting with our lovely, soft-spoken, and all around gentle Premier, Danny Williams. Hah. Haha.
OH MAN, THE NEWS IS GONNA BE AWESOME THIS WEEKEND.
Ever since Progressive Conservative Williams started his ABC (Anything But Conservative!) campaign against Harper and his Administration, Canadians everywhere have been asking: WTF?
And us Newfoundlanders are kind of mixed, “Yay, a leader who isn’t Captain Canada!” as well as “Boo, you’re a loud mouth who makes us look stupid.”
But if I were to disagree with anything, it would be that Danny Williams is stupid. In fact the multi-millionaire’s only problem is that he likes to stick his foot in his mouth, but who am I to talk?
They were showing clips of Williams on the NTV news tonight and they showed one of my faves “Well Steve has just broken his promise,” (a reporter makes a comment) “Steve? Well if his best buddy George Bush can call him that, so can I.”
Haha. Hearts my Premier I do.
So everyone if you need me this weekend, you’ll find me parked in front of my television. Popcorn in one hand and sodie-pop in the other as I watch the leader of my country and the leader of my province come to blows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
omg when we go out tomorrow night remind me to tell you about the chat i had with danny last night <3
I do enjoy these political ramblings, its right up my alley haha.
Post a Comment