Dear “Brad” who works at the Copy Centre,
I fell in love with you. Sigh. The first guy who tried to help me with my button needs failed miserably. But you knew how to satisfy, Brad.
You showed me how buttons work. You even showed me your button. We bonded.
You told me to e-mail you the template, and I casually added my phone number at the bottom incase there was a “problem”. I’m daring like that, Brad.
You and I were of equal height, a fact I always appreciate. You also had a cute toque, and I’m not even a hat person.
When I came back the next day to pick up my buttons another man was working. How distressing! I said just one word: “buttons?”
“Buttons!” the man exclaimed “Brad, buttons!” he yelled.
Overjoyed.
I had asked for thirty buttons, but you made me thirty-five. “Don’t worry about the extras, I won’t charge you for those.” Oh, Brad. You then gave me a special discount that knocked eight dollars off the cost.
Here was where you were supposed to ask me out.
But you didn’t. I left both happy to have met you and sad that I remained single.
I will assume you have a girlfriend.
Love,
Sarah :)
P.S. Thank you for not asking why I needed buttons with Celine Dion’s face/the Bloc symbol on them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I passed the copy center today and had a look see for someone I might think is Brad. But the only person there was non-button guy.
Post a Comment