I have been a member of the S'ville CC for about 14 years, you tend to make intense bonds during a long time like that.
Between all the well wishes and hugs was a very sad me. My Nan spent the whole service and dinner crying, she didn't stop once. It was really hard for me because I hate causing the person I probably love most on the planet any sort of grief. I told her I'd pack her up and bring her along, but she declined the offer.





I sometimes in the past few weeks have become a little bitter when people are like "Oh, well I'm moving too you know." or "You'll visit." You might be moving too, but you'll be back every long weekend, all the Christmas breaks and summer vacations too. And no, I probably won't visit as often as people seem to be thinking. I keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to come home for Grad, but who knows.
And I won't be seeing my grandmother for awhile now. Which scares me. She's 82 or so and that means she doesn't have a great many years left. It's such a small thing to some, but a big thing for me.
So when you ask "Excited about the move?" "Happy to be going to University?" "Oh, you're enthused about going to the big city?" No. I'm not. So leave it alone you well-wishers and rubber-inners.
1 comment:
<3 x 328524098
Post a Comment