"Access Hollywood confirmed with Britney Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, that Britney has given birth to her second child."Wait. I don't care. Thanks MSNBC for hitting on true, news-worthy topics!
In other, less publicized news, the BBC reported that Bush finally admitted to having secret "prisons". Um. Duh, we all knew it, you were the only fool saying otherwise.
"Mr Bush said the prisons were a vital tool in the war on terror and that intelligence gathered had saved lives."Yes. I'm so sure you didn't use torture. Since, you know, it hasn't been practically proven.
My Poli Sci teacher proposed an interesting question last class, should terrorists (and possible terrorists) be allowed the same rights as everyone else. Innocent until proven guilty? Or does it change because their crimes are different?
I'm so sick of it all. Sick of turning on the television and seeing that more Canadians have been killed in Afghanistan. Sick of watching Bush (and now Harper?) make an absolute ass of himself by trying to justify the war in Iraq.
I think a point should be made though, Canada cannot just leave this war now. We have to finish what we started. Don't quit a game of Monopoly just because it's not going your way. It's just we shouldn't have been there in the first place.
This was a bad post, then again my mind is all a-jumble. I give up.
1 comment:
I'm surprised you didn't go nuts when Bush made the statement that prisoners in Guantanamo Bay didn't have to be treated in accordance of the Geneva Convention, because they weren't technically prisoners of war.
Can't say I like the policy. I'd really dislike it if I was IN guantanamo bay. But that's really the state of the world, isn't it?
Post a Comment