Tonight has been the absolute bomb.
I got home from school around four with the intention of studying my ass off for the English test I have Thursday and the Sociology test I have Friday. For the record, English requires a lot of preparation (studying 7 different poets, say what?).
I. Am. Sick.
So, I decided I'd sleep until my parents got home and then I'd do some studying. I didn't hear them come and ended up sleeping later and waking up even sicker.
I tried to get in a positive mood and went downstairs. My mom was upset which made me apprehensive. She sat me down like I was five and tried to explain life to me.
My Aunt Cora, my most favourite of all relatives, was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. I'm pretty sure I died a little.
My Aunt Cora is my kindred spirit and we've known that since I was really young. Everyone in my family says I should have been her daughter, because of our personality and physical similarities.
It hurts to think about the situation she's in too. She has a son, my cousin, who is a year older than me. His Dad died like five/six years ago, so I know that everyone is thinking "If something happens to Cora. . ."
I really want to call my Nan, but I know she would be really upset (that is if they told her).
So, this night has been a bust. I've been sitting here sneezing and thinking, and most definitely not studying. But I'm doing this entry to get it off my chest and as soon as it is posted I'm going to pee and then get to work.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heeey,
How's the cold? Nasal passages extremely overactive? baha. I know the feeling. I'll bring extra advil tomorrow incase you forget.
So I've discovered that it's extremely hard to study when you're sick. It's harder still when you've got things on your mind.
So call who you need to call and talk to who you need to talk to. And go to bed. Because we all know that school will always be there. Life is much more important.
"My precious child, I love you and would never leave you . . . "
Mentioning you and yours in communication with Greater Things, today and always . . . <3
Post a Comment