Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'd rather run the other way than stay and see.

I miss my previous 10:30s.

So tonight, I was lying here in a funk. Lights off, television off, book closed. My book is pissing me off because a central character (whom I fell in love with, thus me buying the second book in the series) has been completely absent during the last 250 pages.

So yeah. I was lying here. And I decided "That's how it's got to be." And I got up. Put on my old runners. Grabbed my iPod. And ran. Away from my creepy every-house-looks-the-same-street. And away from my funk. And it worked.

And I ran until I couldn't. Then I walked home. And it worked.

My prescription for the blues: exhaustion.

In other news, Canada is totally rockin' it up lately with their awesome sense of... Criminality?

Good job, Gunman! You created a random act of violence and managed to traumatize a population. We're all (including mama!) so impressed.

"A gunman was killed by police and at least 19 students were wounded after a Wednesday shooting at Dawson College in downtown Montreal, police said.

One student later died of her wounds, police spokesman Olivier Lapointe said. Radio Canada quoted Montreal Police Chief Yvan Delorme as saying the victim was a woman in her 20s."

Read more about his heroic tales here.

No comments: