Friday, August 25, 2006

My last Friday in S'ville, my last night in my home.

Tonight is not only my last Friday in Stephenville, but the very last night in the only home I have ever known. It sucks.

And as I eat my bowl of leftover taters (did I mention we packed up the kitchen stuff?) I can’t help but think about the accomplishments I’ve achieved here.

For the record, I won’t have phone and internet for quite sometime in St. John’s. Something to do with it being a new home and you have to wire it or something? I don’t know, but that means I’ll have no blogging for awhile. Hmm, unless I do a little war driving, maybe I’ll look into that.

Leah and I will be meeting my parents at my Nan’s home at 6:00, Sunday morning. We should be in there at the latest 3 o’clock. Then the next morning Leah and I hit the shops downtown for some good ol’ shopping.

If I can’t war drive somewhere nearby, I might run over to Heidi’s and beg her for some net time. Aww, I live closer to Heidi in St. John’s than I did here. Fun.

Which reminds me, I’ll be going to the Citadel this year. I can’t recall which one Meagan and Josh said they were thinking of, but this is the one I’ve decided on. CHOOSE IT.

Today Holly and I surprised Ashley (who was still at the High School, working diligently on the year book) with Danny's (Napoleons for them, Eclair and Snowball for me) and made it our very last recess ever. It was awesome and sad, as we sat in front of the war memorial and reminisced over our friendship.




It occurred to me that Ashley is my oldest friend. We met in grade two when she moved here. The friend who comes in second for longest running friend is like. . . Sarah Willett in grade seven? Holly and Kylie in grade eight? Well I guess Shane counts for something. Sort of.

Speaking of Sarah. I had the amazingly daunting task of saying goodbye to her tonight. I stopped up to her house and just tried to suck in as much of her as I could before I had to leave. It was so hard.

When you first think about it, leaving doesn't seem so hard. Holly was coming with me, Kylie was staying so I could come home and see her and Ashley was always a better communicator with me on MSN. And then I get to the goodbyes. The idea of seeing someone you love for the last time. I hate it.

1 comment:

thelastnick said...

No need for war-driving. All Mun students get free wi-fi on campus.