Tuesday, July 04, 2006

On the window ledge I don't feel safe.

[Note: The Dave Matthew's song goes good with the post, it's one of only two songs I like that he wrote.]


I’m feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders today. Here’s why in 10,000 word or less.

Today I met Ocean. We had a chat and I thought it was a good conversing of the minds. I asked her what she thought of society today. She asked how many fingers she was holding up. I asked how she felt about the war in Iraq. She said she liked Dora. It was going great until she wet herself. I guess she never got the name Ocean for nothing.

This afternoon, I did mostly cash. Pauline did a lot of the knick-knack stocking and I helped when it wasn’t busy. At one point, Pauline put out these Power Puff Girls bath stuff, marked one dollar. She also put out a really nice smelling soap, which I was thinking about buying because it was fancy and smelled wonderful, priced 50 cents. I went back about twenty minutes later and they were gone. I was surprised because I couldn’t recall Pauline using the cash. She hadn’t. Someone stole from the Salvation Army Thrift Store. It made Pauline upset so she closed the store three minutes early.

This evening I got home and found mom preparing for my brother’s arrival tomorrow. He phoned from St. John’s to say he was at dads. Apparently this is justification for cooking everything in our house. I don't get it, he’s just going to eat take-out the whole time anyway.

I also received a call from MUN while I was at work. They want to know right now if I’m going in Res. I don’t know, and am glad to have evaded the question.

North Korea launched three missiles today, yum. Two short-ranged and one long-ranged. They all went into the Sea of Japan (on purpose). Kim Jong-Il just wants people to focus on North Korea instead of Iran. He’s an attention whore. Good to know Bush isn’t the only one.

At this point, when Korea is making “provocative” attempts at firing missiles; when people are stealing from a Salvation Army thrift store; when no one takes the time to smell the roses; and when I make an ass of myself just because I can; it makes me sick of this life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heeeeeeey Sarah. I love you. And, if I was in Stephenville, I'd bring you ice cream.

:)

Anonymous said...

Heeeeeeeeey Sarah. I love you. And, if I was in Stephenville, I'd bring you ice cream.


:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the double comment thing. Long story.