Monday, June 05, 2006

Apocalypse please.

I just read a really interesting article, it was about tomorrow. What's so special tomorrow you ask? As the Muse song says: "Apocalypse Please!", apparently this means tomorrow. And what is so special about tomorrow I hear you ask? June.6/2oo6, or 6-6-06.

Gasp, holy omgsplosion, roflcopter and all. Yes, tomorrow is technically 6-6-6 day, the day that comes just once a millenium. The sixth day, of the sixth month, of the "sixth" year. I love how people are probably going to be freaking out by 11:59 this evening.

This whole superstition thing over the number six (and various other superstitions) really get me going. Like, when I worked at McDonalds if you ordered the meal of the day large-sized along with a pack of McChicken sauce (or something along those lines), it would come to $6.66. Some people didn't notice, but a lot of people did. They would always order more McChicken sauce or something, a slight freak out over the possibility of. . . What? I just don't get it.

Apparently in the Bible (Revelation 13:18) it says:
“This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six.”
This strikes me as funny, because [mostly] the people who are afraid of the number 6-6-6 are not people of faith. I don't really want to elaborate, because I will indeed stick my foot in my bouche. I just felt like sharing this because I wanted everyone to have their flashlights and rosary beads on hand for tomorrow. :)

No comments: