Thursday, June 22, 2006

Camping a la mode.

Last night was. . . Messed. I cannot believe what a messed up night of camping we experienced. I've never laughed so much, ate so much potato, pee so much and freak out (in a good way) so much in my life.

While waiting for Joey and Matt to come in, Leah, Dave and I whittled sticks for hot dogs. They turned out awesome, as did everything we did last night.

First up on the docket, was of course eating. Joey did an amazing job of bbqing our food. Potatos and corn along with the meat of you choice turned out to be the best meal of our lives, we were so hungry.

Can you guess which piece of meat is mine? :P The steaks the guys had were huge, I could not even begin to eat a slab of meat the size of my face.

After supper, we realized that we had to get the dishes clean. So Mike, Matt, Leah and I gathered them up and brought them down to the lake! Leah ended up doing them all I think. So I took the time to video it.

We so just sat around and did nothing the whole entire night. Playing music and telling very bad jokes (I actually heard the same one Sarah (from CB) told me when she had come to visit me, about the worm in the apple. . .) turned out to be an awesome way to pass the time.

I actually got to play the guitar and learned a whole chord, "G". Joey awesomely made up songs including the one I believe was called 'Strippers and Hoes'.


Our sing-a-longs were pretty intense, you have to keep up with the pace or it's just mind boggling.

As the night paced on, we became less and less intelligent and began resorting to this to keep us entertained. To be honest, it was very fun.

So it's past midnight, and the whole crew is pretty sloppy. Dave is absolutely sloshed and we just cannot stop laughing at everyone. And then we hear it. Thunder.

We tried counting the thunder/lightning to see how far away it was. It was just there. Hah. We started freaking out, the guys we're trying to put the tarp over the tents and Leah and I were squealing.

We ended up just getting in Matt's Blazer and tried to ride it out a little. It was the most FUNNIEST thing in my life. Holy crap. We were all in there laughing and laughing, when I realized I didn't have my camera.

So Matt went out for me to look for it and came back unsuccessful. Then Mike went out and he too could not find it. Then I remembered it might be in my tent, so Dave went over to our site and sure enough it was there.

After it stopped raining we did a mass trip to the bathrooms to pee (I seriously peed like 7 times last night before I went to sleep).

When I came out of the outhouse, Joey and Leah were hiding in the trees to try and scare me. Joe started doing the "Ch ch ch ke ke ke" from those Jason movies. Me, being the smart person I am, thought he was doing the Terry Fox thing so I started singing the "Du du du du duuuu du" that goes with it.

We all got in one tent, but everyone was so loud that we dubbed Dave's flashlight "The Conch" and you couldn't speak unless you had it. Needless to say, that didn't work out.

I had a hard time being tired, so once it stopped raining Dave, Matt and I sat out at the fire for like another hour (some how it was still going?). It was settling for the most part, except for the minor disputes that Joey and Mike came out to break up for me.

After a while Dave and I got sleepy so we went to our site for sleeping. It didn't rain again, so it was a pretty decent night (with the exception of flies and park rangers). I had a frigging blast, it seemed like we were there for like a week. Good times all around.