Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker.

So, I had another messed up dream last night. A long one because I remember waking up and looking at the clock but then going back to bed and waking up again and still dreaming it. This one isn't psychotic like the last couple, but it's still ridiculous.

This one is a lot more hazy than my last dream because I didn't decide to think it all through until now. I know there was more before this part, and more after, but this is all I can remember with certainity.

So it's nighttime, and Ashley and I are together in the school. We don't have our shoes on. We've just finished our tutorial and are sitting on a picnic by our locker in the grade 12 hallway. Ashley says she has something to tell me. She is three months pregnant. I am obviously shocked, Ashley is our pride and joy, the biochemist, the valedictorian.

My first thought is Joey must be castrated. He appears and I ask him how could he do this do her. He says he likes sex. I am angry and he goes away. Ashley is crying so I put my anger aside and comfort her. She lets me put my face on her belly and I can hear and feel a little heart beat. We are both crying.

At this I decide to just forgive and forget and I get ready to leave. I only have a pair of flip-flops and it's snowing out and I have to walk home. Ashley lends me a pair of her shoes because she has two pairs. She's driving so I ask her if I can have a ride home, she says yes but we have to hurry.

We go out to her little car and I'm about to get in when I remember my bookbag, she says to go in and get it because I'll need my stuff for my exam. The lights are turned off inside now so she faces the car's headlights towards the door so I can see.

I go in and the band class has just been let out. For some reason Jessie is in band. She comes up to me and says "So I hear Ashley's pregnant, she can't be that smart than." I don't respond and run to my locker and shove my papers into my bag and leave.

Someone help my mind, it's obviously sick with something.

No comments: