Sunday, June 11, 2006

Iraq: Inkblots of blood.

With my frantic CNN watchings and Anderson Cooper readings I have been made curious about Iraq and everything that is going on there.

When the first government was elected after Saddam was "captured" everyone (at least on this side of the world) was convinced that that was the end of that. Bad guy gone, good guys in. Send the troops home and enough with the WMD search already, you were wrong.

But it seems lately, more things are going on than ever. IEDs, suicide attacks, car bombs and killing galore (need I say Haditha?). What's all this Dub-yah? Did you not solve the problem? Did you not get rid of Saddam, bring in a cool g'ment with a wicked new constitution, and come up empty handed in your nuke search? Why has nothing changed?

I have no idea what the answers are, CNN only offers so much. But in my quest for more knowledge, I did what I always do. I turned to Google. For some reason I randomly typed in Baghdad over Iraq. The first answer to my search was this.

It's a blog. A woman's blog. An Iraqi woman's blog. And boy is she candid. I've only read the first few posts but if you have any interest in what's going on in the Iraq-world today, I implore you to take a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd reccomend reading "Sadam's Secerets" written by General Georges Sada, a member of Sadam's military before he was taken down.

Some people are a bit skeptical of Sada because of the quality of the book, etc. But he's not a writer, and English isn't his first language. He seems honest enough, and Wikipedia corroborates his story, so I'm convinced it's something worth reading. I'm half way done now, but I haven't read it in a few weeks.