I just thought of another funny something that happened to me. I am full of fun stuff today, or maybe I'm just full of it.
So yesterday I was walking home from the math tutorial and I was at the top of my street (by the church) when I see a lady walking towards me. I try to pull off one of those awkward smile-but-don't-look-for-too-long kind of deals, when I notice she's talking to me.
I take out one of my uncomfortable earphone things, because all I can hear is the Tegan and Sara playing in my ear. I say "Pardon?" while trying to remember if I know her or not. She says "Oh my gawddd, you are so tall! I bet people want you on their team when they play basketball!"
I try to smile and keep walking, but she keeps talking to me. "So do you play on the basketball team? Oh wait! Do you model? Can people get a modeling contract around here?" And I laugh and murmur some unintelligent comment because at this point I am very embarrassed, I am obviously NOT a model.
And she keeps talking to me! "So how tall are you?" I tell her my height and she lets out a little excited yelp like I've just told her it's Christmas and she's won the lottery. She then says, "How old are you?" At this point I'm all what the hell, and start checking each side of me for hidden cameras. I tell her I'm seventeen, give a little wave and turn my back on her.
Just before I pop my music back into my head I hear the words "So tall, Jesus." And I'm wondering the whole way home if she's just taking the Lord's name in vain or if she does indeed see and talk to the son of God.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment